When it comes to glamping, you don't need to worry about packing the same way you would for a traditional camping trip. In addition to the basics, there are some essential items that you should bring along on your glamping getaway to ensure that you have the most luxurious outdoor experience possible.
Nobody goes on a camping trip intending to get hurt, but those things can happen out of the blue. Carry a first aid kit containing bandages, antibiotics, burn creams, etc. Medical emergencies that require a first aid kit may not happen very often, but discomfort such as a headache or a cold can ruin your dream glamping vacation in the same way. Take common over-the-counter medications that you normally keep at home. In addition, if you are taking any prescription medications, it would be a good idea to take them as well.
Obviously you'll need clothes for your trip, but the exact clothing will depend on your level of glamor. If you're planning on lounging all day, enjoying the sun and fresh air, you probably don't need to bring too much. However, if you choose to practice snow sports while glamping, you'll want to make sure you have plenty of layers.
To find out what to pack for your glamping getaway, you must first find out what the glamping site already has for you. There are certain essential items that you carry with you wherever you go and that you'll also want to take with you to glamping. Some sites remind beauty lovers to “make sure to bring all their own food, kitchen utensils and sleeping bags.” Other glamping sites have everything covered, except hiking boots, swimwear and toiletries.
You'll most likely spend a lot of time between excursions to rest and relax in your glamping tent. While many people use a glamping trip as an excuse to disconnect, you may still find some useful or necessary technology. If you're not sure, check the website of the glamping destination or the area where you're going to glamping.
Essential Glamping Items
- Emergency Bracelet: An emergency bracelet with parachute cord is an ingenious little invention that can help save your life when out in nature.
- First Aid Kit: Carry a first aid kit containing bandages, antibiotics, burn creams etc.
- Tableware: Tableware such as oil cloth or outdoor tablecloth by LITO along with utensils, plates and napkins.
- Clothing: Clothing will depend on your level of glamor but make sure to bring plenty of layers if snow sports are involved.
- Toiletries: Don't forget toiletries such as shampoo and soap.
- Technology: Check the website of the glamping destination or area where you're going for any necessary technology.
The joy of glamping is living the adventure of camping without all the work and with much more comfort. Please note that the availability of services varies depending on the different glamping sites, so ask for accommodations at the glamping site of your choice.
Now that you know what items are essential for your next glamping getaway, all that's left is to pack up and enjoy!